We are very pleased to announce the eighth 3DSIG meeting that will be held in Long Beach California in summer 2012.
We are happy to announce the eighth 3Dsig meeting. Two very full days with a balance of invited talks, short oral presentations, two laptop/poster sessions, and critical, topic-focused discussions. A truly unique event bringing together in one place the structural computational biology community.
3DSIG 2012 will present the third "Warren DeLano Structural Bioinformatics and Computational Biophysics Award" in honour of Warren DeLano and the contributions he made to our community. The award sum of $1000 will be given for the best presentation on behalf of the DeLano foundation. Further prizes also available for best posters.
Relevant topics include:
- Application of structure to systems biology.
- Structure-based drug discovery including polypharmacology and network pharmacology.
- Structure representation, classification and predication.
- Macromolecular assembles.
- Structural genomics.
- 3D databases and data mining.
- Molecular visualization.
- Relevant methods of structure determination, particularly hybrid methods.
- Structure-based function prediction.
- Evolution studied through structures.
- Docking, analysis, prediction and simulation of biomolecular interactions such as protein-protein, protein-ligand and protein-nucleic-acid.
- Prediction and analysis of protein domains.
- Membrane protein structure analysis and prediction.
- Protein dynamics and disorder.
- The structural basis of immunology.
3Dsig 2012 is continuing the tradition established through the successful 3Dsig 2011 (Vienna Austria), 3Dsig 2010 (Boston, USA), 3Dsig 2009 (Stockholm, Sweden), 3Dsig 2008 (Toronto, Canada), 3Dsig 2007 (Vienna, Austria), 3Dsig 2006 (Fortaleza, Brasil) and 3Dsig 2004 (Glasgow, United Kingdom). To better appreciate the wealth of leading topics and presenters, please explore the programs and proceedings from past meetings. The program will be built around talks from accepted abstracts and invited speakers.The scientific committee is looking for fresh, effective voices with new, high impact ideas.
Accepted abstracts will fall into two categories: oral presentation and laptop/poster presentation. All participants with accepted abstracts have the choice of presenting their work either as a regular poster, a laptop presentation, or a combination thereof - even those selected for oral presentation. Those choosing to use a laptop to substitute or augment their poster presentation will have a stand or table and electric socket for a personal laptop (presenters must bring their own laptops). The aim of the poster/laptop session is to facilitate interactions between the presenter and the viewers.
|3DSIG event will be held at:||Hyatt Regency Long Beach adjacent to the Long Beach Convention Center|
|Poster session at:||Foyer|
|3DSIG dinner:||Regency Ballroom|